The System

The System

Regulated Profession

Agrology is a regulated profession in Canada. Each province and territory has its own regulator and registration requirements.

MIA is the Manitoba regulator.

To work as an Agrologist in Manitoba, you must be registered with MIA even if you have a university degree in Agrology or have worked as an Agrologist in another country. This website explains the registration process.

Immigration vs Registration

Immigration and registration are two separate things. MIA cannot help you immigrate to Canada and your immigration office cannot help you become registered with MIA. You do NOT require a letter from MIA in order to immigrate to Canada.

Your immigration office will assess your Agrology education and experience, and may select you to immigrate to Canada if it is confident you can find work and contribute to the economy. But your immigration office cannot guarantee that MIA will register you to work as an Agrologist in Manitoba.


Before you spend time and money on the registration process, contact your immigration office to ensure that you meet the immigration requirements:

Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)

If you are an internationally educated professional working as an Agrologist in Manitoba, contact MIA.