English Language

English Language


There are no formal English language requirements for registration as an Agrologist. However, most employers will require you to have a relatively advanced level of communication skills in the four basic language skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Therefore, you should be able to:

  • Participate in meetings and discussions of a complex nature
  • Express your ideas in speaking and writing
  • Read and comprehend technical documents
  • Write reports and complete documents

Free Test for Immigrants

A free English language test is available for all immigrants through funding from the Government of Manitoba. The test is called the Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBPT). It is provided by the Winnipeg English Language Assessment and Referral Centre (WELARC).


400-275 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba
TEL 204.943.5387


Once you contact WELARC, it may take up to 6 weeks to schedule an appointment. The language test may take up to 3 hours to complete, depending on your level of English.

Notarized Translation

Agrologists Manitoba conducts the registration process in English only, so all required documents must be written in English or must be translated into English and notarized. This means that your required documents must be translated into English and then signed and stamped by a qualified person such as a notary public who verifies that the translation has been completed by a qualified individual.

The Immigrant Centre provides referrals to cost-effective translation services. The Immigrant Centre also provides free notary public services for permanent Manitoba residents.

Immigrant Centre
100 Adelaide Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba
TEL 204.943.9158